VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Kendrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Kendrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:53:05 -0500
Hi everyone,
I have no idea how it got on my computer, but for the last several weeks,
many of the sites I go to which require forms to be filled in (online
shopping, etc.), I hear the oh-so-unhelpful announcement:  "Google's
autofill can fill this in for you."  Those might not be the words verbatim,
but that's the idea.  The problem is that when that message is in play, it
obliterates the announcement of what the field itself is, so that I can't
complete anything!  I use the Jaws cursor to look around and usually
eventually figure it out, but it takes forever and is making me a little
insane.  Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this thing -- and how I got it
in the first place?

Thanks,
Deborah