From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:47:06 -0400
Hi, I haven't had much luck with the 46 MHz phones.  Also, like you said you
can be heard on other phones and baby monitors, and other things like that,
and not to mention scanners and some ham gear.  The 900 MHz phone I had
before this worked really well in my college dorm where the walls were
thick, and when I first started operating on the ham bands that is where it
all started.  The 900 MHz phone I had at college and then brought home never
worked that well here either.  I avoided 2.4 GHz for the reason that it may
interfere with our wireless network.  As for the 900 MHz phone in my dorm, I
was able to not only take it outside, but I could be down the road and
around the corner and it would still work well, even in my classroom
building when I was on the side nearest my dorm.