Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:32:51 -0600

Madwoman Foods proudly announces our newest member to our pizza
family:  CHEEZIE.  Cheezie is gluten-free (of course), dairy-free,
egg-free, low glycemic, and Vegan!!  This new pizza will begin
showing up on retail shelves this month and at our online store in
about a week.

Online store:  www.madwomanfoods.com

Our other pizza varieties (Cheese, Greek, and Veggie)  are all gluten-
free and low glycemic.

Our tea cakes are gluten-free, casein-free, and low glycemic.  Our
tea cakes are high in protein... 10g of protein in one package of two
tea cakes.

WHAT IS LOW GLYCEMIC?
Glycemic Index (GI) is a physiologically based measure of
carbohydrate quality -- a comparison of carbohydrates (gram for gram)
based on their immediate effect on blood-glucose levels.
Carbohydrates that break down quickly during digestion have high GI
values.  Their blood glucose response is fast and high (major factor
in our current diabetic epidemic in this country).  Carbohydrates
that break down slowly, releasing glucose gradually into  the blood
stream have a low glycemic index.  Madwoman Foods makes foods that
are low glycemic to help people avoid getting diabetes or manage
diabetes and insulin resistance.  Interesting facts:  4,100 new cases
of diabetes diagnosed every day in this country, 230 amputations take
place daily in people with diabetes, 120 people enter end-stage
kidney disease programs daily, and 55 people go blind from diabetes
daily.  This is why we make low glycemic food and grain free food!!

We'd like to welcome two new retail partners:

My Low Carb Life
136 Andover St
Davers, MA  (978) 646-9566

Lil's Dietary Specialty Shop
2738 West 111th St
Chicago, IL (717) 239-0355

I will be at the following locations cooking up pizzas and giving out
tea cake samples in February:

Feb 4 :  Fresh & Natural Market in Shoreview, MN

Feb 11: Lakewinds Natural Foods in Chanhassen, MN (grand opening)

Feb 17: Whole Foods Market, St Paul, MN

Feb 18: Whole Foods Market, Minneapolis, MN

Feb 24: Whole Foods Market, St Paul, MN

Feb 25: Whole Foods Market, Minneapolis, MN

Brenda
Madwoman Foods
www.madwomanfoods.com

"A Bakery without Flour.. We Must be Nuts!!"

*******
*******