From:
Claudia Vander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:06:12 -0500
For the past couple years I've been trying different eating plans with the
hope of eventually finding the right one.  I am going to begin paleo
eating again as I believe that it is the one most compatible with my
system.  However, I did have some obstacles on my last attempt to eat
paleo and I need some advise.

1) In order not to have acne, bloating and gas I have to limit my carbs
severely.  The subsequent lack of energy and brain fog seem to never go
away.  I never get to that point others do where they know their body is
burning fat for fuel.  I try as long as I can until I am a lifeless mess
and then I give up.

2) Many meats disgust me.  I just don't have much of a taste for them.
This is in sharp contrast to many of you who seem to be natural carnivores
with a taste for grease.  In addition, I know without a doubt that chicken
and especially beef gives me deep cystic acne (even the best Whole Foods
meats).  Aged Cheese, though not paleo, seems to agree with me.

I once went on a fast of green veggies and peanut butter.  I didn't have
much energy, but I had good skin and no gas.

Thanks for reading, sorry so long