BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"T. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 16:23:32 -0400
1. "Turbine ventilator" is used by one company.  You may particularly
like the name of one of their products - Superwhirly
http://www.edmonds.com.au/html/products/superwhirly_turbine_ventilator_300mm.htm

2. Even without wind, hot air can still rise up the pipe (the principal
  I think you put forward in your first message connecting them to a
stovepipe vents) and with enough movement may even get the thing
spinning which could then feed itself but the fact that after initial
cost the thing works for free is its main strength, I think.

Tim Carter at Ask the Builder likes them.  See this for his explanation:
http://www.askthebuilder.com/442_Roof_Turbine_Vents.shtml

T. Gale (not a wind expert despite the name)