BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"T. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 12:40:47 -0400
I though those nice spirally things were a type of wind turbine meant to
draw air out of the pipe/building.  I thought they were designed to be
turned in one direction by the wind and that, once spinning, the turbine
would create a vacuum in the pipe.  I thought it was mainly passive
ventilation like you would seek to cool an attic, etc.  I wouldn't think
it would be used on a stove or plumbing vent as I don't think you want
or need to artificially draw large amounts of air through the vent.

Sealed to the john until the wind stops,
T. Gale