From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:41:30 -0800
On Dec 15, 2006, at 6:06 PM, DS wrote:

> my eyes glazed over reading this. is there a summary available? :)

It sounds to me as if they're saying there is a substance in milk
which blocks, and thus encourages more formation, of epithelial cell
repair transmitters. They associate these receptors run wild with
cancerous overgrowth in various sites.

I'd like to see more on this, as it's the first I've heard of these
receptors. Since all animals, including cows, suckle, but not all
have analogous salivary composition, I'd like to know how other
species produce EGF receptors.

Anybody?

ginny