Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:29:33 -0600

> ANOTHER REASON NOT TO DRINK YOUR MILK: BETACELLULIN

All well and good, but it occurred to me there is another evolutionary side
to the story. We all know that many people, particularly people whose
ancestors kept cattle, have developed lactose tolerance. In fact I have been
reading recently quite a bit about some African peoples who have developed a
new form of genetic lactose tolerance, different from the genes seen in
Europeans, apparantly a separate example of evolution towards adult milk
drinking.

Now, what does that tell us? It is that those people who drank milk lived
longer and had more kids than those who could not drink milk.

So, in spite of this horrible betacellulin, milk drinkers were MORE fit,
that is lived and had more kids than non milk drinkers.

I am not trying to convince anyone here to drink milk, I don't drink much
myself, but, I guess, to take this whole article with a big ol' grain of
salt.