NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 06:26:36 -0400
On Oct 23, 2005, at 12:58 AM, Carla F. wrote:

> Hi.  I'm new to the list and, sorry, don't know the answer to your
> question.  I didn't even know cough medicine HAD lactose!  New to
> lactose intolerance, too.  :(
>
> However, I do have some suggestions about coughs - especially if
> they're mostly chest congestion type coughs.  First, a netti pot is
> a most necessary evil - if you google that, you'll find it's a
> little tea pot type thing you put warm water in and use to drain
> sinuses.  Nasty, but instant & practical relief from congestion.
> It's the drainage into the chest that causes the sore throats &
> coughing often.  I usually use distilled water because ours is so
> heavily cholrinated it's like snorting pool water.

I second the idea of nasal irrigation.   It's the only way I can
control my allergies (which result in dreadful sinusitis, sore
throats, coughing fits,  asthma attacks and bronchitis).  I use Dr
Roby's protocol though
http://www.onlineallergycenter.com/nasalirrigation/.  I find it
easier to use the attachment on my Waterpik than to use a netti pot.
I also find adding pickling salt and baking soda to the water helps.

Sherene in Norfolk, VA