Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Harold F. De Bruyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 20:52:31 -0500

We had been informed by a nurse who often works with us that  Perrigo
makes a gluten free low dose  aspirin that is distributed by Walgreens.
When I called the company to check the person asked me to get the
bottle so I could read the number. When I said that I had called  to
decide whether to buy the product she said she couldn't tell me without
a bottle. When I said that she seemed to be indicating that some lots
are gluten free and others are not she said that that was true. I asked
to speak to her supervisor to confirm my understanding. The supervisor
said that I understood correctly and agreed  that there was no
consistent policy to keep the product gluten free. If you use Perrigo
aspirins be sure to check the lot number with the company.

I had a more pleasant experience with Ecotrin which is made by
GlaxoSmithKline. Ecotrin's web page describes their 81 mg aspirin as
gluten free as well as free from other allergens. We called
GlaxoSmithKline and they confirmed that the product would always be
gluten free. We asked if they would put that in writing and we received
a letter from them within a few days. This is a Consumer Health Care
product and you can reach them at 1-800-245-1040.

Hal and Irma De Bruyn