ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:42:21 -0500
Rhonda,
I think it is great that you are singing again and participating in the
music ministry of the church.
Brad, I can appreciate the things you said about the church and the music
ministry.  You must be careful.  Too often, we and the church are not
vigilant enough.  We don't know people nor to people know the congregation.
We do need that dating time.  In the past, our congregation, because of the
level of leadership, would just take someone in and put them right to work.
Do you put a person in a teaching position without knowing what they will
teach?  The Bible says "no" and I trust the word.  Paul, in Timothy and
Titus in talking about the selection of elders and deacons, cautions the
church to know the person, they are to be known by the community and hhave a
good reputation among the non-church people.  So, bro, be patient!  Be
cautious!  By all means, be willing to serve when you are deemed qualified.

Ned