VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ghost Child <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ghost Child <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 02:07:53 -0700
     I personally used Window-Eyes for a good while before trying out a
demo of JFW, whereupon I bought the full version and never looked back.  I
find Jaws to be more intuitive and user-friendly, especially for those of
us who have enough trouble just mastering the applications we want to use,
never mind having to spend endless hours mastering the screen-reading
software!  I haven't used Window-Eyes for quite a while now, though, so
maybe it has been improved more recently, but, at least as of now, I'm very
happy with JFW and don't see any reason to change.  I'm not sure which is
more popular in general, as I only subscribe to a few lists and such for
blind users, but I see a lot more references to people using Jaws than WE.
I think having multiple products available is the best thing, though, as it
allows for individual tastes, needs, and the competition keeps the products
improving all the time.

Becky