VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 00:53:06 -0500
Hi all,
Harry here and I got a question for all the experts out there who use Microsoft Word.
I'm using jfw 4.5, and a dell 8100 laptop.
Here's the situation.
I opened a floppy disk and opened a file.  My floppy drive always opens in wordpad, which is fine because that's what I got it doing for now.  Anyway, I selected the text with control a then pressed ctrl c to copy it to the clipboard.
Then I pressed altf4 to close everything and as a matter of fact, I pressed it until I got back to desktop.
Then, I opened up Microsoft word and it launched, then I pressed control v to paste in the text into my word document, and all I get is a blank.  Why is this happening?  Is there something I'm doing wrong?
I also tryed it again using controll shift end and that way wouldn't paste into word either.
I'd love to use msword as my choice of word processors but if it's gonna do this, I'll stick with wordpad.
By the way, I'm using windows XP home.
Harry