From:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:24:17 -0500

I just wanted to give everyone an update on the Robert's American Gourmet
Wheat-Free/Gluten Free Chaos Chips.  I received a call from the FDA asking
me to give an affidavit on what transpired with Robert's American
Gourmet.  After that, a gentleman from the FDA came to my house to pick up
the second bag of chips, the photos of the first bag of chips and I needed
to sign the affidavit stating I found the pretzils in the bag that was
marked Wheat Free/Gluten Free.  After he left my house, he went to the
store that we purchased the chips in to find out why they had not pulled
them off of the shelves.

When I first found the pretzils in the chips, and contacted the company,
the company stated they did NOT have to contact the FDA.  Well the FDA
thought differently..I just found on the FDA's website that the company
made it official and recalled the chips!!  So please if you ever come in
contact with a contaminated product SPEAK UP!! You will be heard!!

Thanks everyone
Jennifer
Mother of 4 year old Celiac
NJ