From:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:19:50 -0500

I'm not sure if any of you have ever tried the Robert's American Gourment
Wheat Free Chaos (which are also GF), but I have been buying them for my
daughter for months now.  I was very comfortable that there were gluten
free because it stated on the front of the bag "GLUTEN FREE".

Well today when I opened the bag and poured them into a bowl for my
daughter, as I usually do so I can insure she doesn't eat the entire bag,
(she is 3) pretzils came flying out of the bag.  I tasted them and they
sure didn't taste gluten free.  I called the company and the woman took
the lot number and the sell by date and asked for my name and address.
She then said, 'okay thank you for the information, I'll have someone
check into it, and a replacement coupon will be in the mail.'
Replacement coupon?  I don't think I can ever trust these again.  I'm not
sure what a replacement coupon will do for me.  I was really upset and
just hung up the phone.  I probably should have asked to speak with a
manager and asked about thier manufacturing process and their plants, but
I looked into my daughter's welled-up eyes when I told her she couldn't
eat them, and just melted.

So I just wanted everyone to know, that these chips are not to be trusted
or this company.  I plan on going onto the website now and logging in a
complaint now that I have gotten myself back together.

If anyone else has had this problem their website is www.robscape.com

Jennifer
Mom of 3 yr Celiac
NJ