Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:38:05 +0000

Added info on nux vomica homeopathic drops:

The homeopathic doc that comes to the north surburban Boston area three times a year to see patients gave me nux vomica drops for intermittent migraine headaches.  He had me describe those headaches, when they occured, part of the head which was involved and he asked me 5 or 6 other questions.  He thought that I am still clearing toxins from my system, first gluten and yeast, and then casein (dairy) and soy.  The casein and soy elimination from diet began Nov. 1st
2005 when I had the enterolab tests done.  The gluten and yeast began in August 2004.
The way he explained it to me was that much of the toxin clearing process is done by the liver and when the liver becomes overloaded, a migraine headache is often the result so you can feel worse for a while before you feel better.
The toxin clearing process takes varying amounts of time depending on how long you have been sick,  and if you have truly eliminated the  substances that are causing the health problems.  If you continue to consume the food substance that is causing the sickness because of lack of knowledge or lack of motivation and will power, the liver will have to work at getting the substances out of the body.  The doc also recommends drinking lots and lots of water so the kidneys can eliminate  some of the toxins.
So it makes sense that the previous listmate wrote about hangover as it would be the same process to clear alcohol and the resulting hangover headache as the liver is also overloaded with toxins from alcohol and rsults in headaches if the substance can not be cleared from the body quickly enough.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all,
Robin in Massachusetts