Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:25:43 +0000

Summary3:Reintroducing dairy after one year-
14.  Check out Dairy Free Cookbook by Jane Zukin.  Library should have a copy as it is an older book.  Has a list of lactose content of most foods and discusses difference between lactose intolerance and casein allergy.
15.  Ask question at other excellent site too.  Delphi CD Forum Support Group:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start.  Has thousands of GF recipes.  Gluten free products list updated every 3 months.
16.  Plain goat yogurt.  Husband and daughter are celiacs.  Daughter was allergic to dairy, soy, and other things.  Started back with goat products-goat yogurt, goat cheese on rice crust for pizza, goat milk.  She is now able to tolerate dairy without a problem.  Husband still does not tolerate dairy but does fine on goat products.
17.  Yogurt would have the beneficail bacteria which aids digestion.  We eat plain yogurt with ethnic dishes-Indian, Persian.  It is yummy with rice.
18.  Suggest that before you reintroduce dairy, you take Dr. Fines dairy sensitivity test to see if you react to any of the proteins in dairy.  This person was lactose intolerant but also have IGA reactions to 3 proteins in dairy and will never be able to eat it.  Also having him test yeast sensitivity would be a good idea.(baker's and brewer's yeast-saccharomyces cerevisiae).  This person knows for a fact that practically all available kefir grains have this in it, and when she eats Kefir she have the same reaction  mentioned.  It is partly because of dairy sensitivity but partly the yeast.  Also if you are sensitive to yeast you may be genetically predisposed to having colitis or crohn's as this person understands it and so many celiacs are.  This person doesn't think you could have a better lab test anywhere than this lab on the internet and by mail.  http://www.enterolab.com
19.  Go to http://www.naturalfoodworks.net   Search for the article gluten free/dairy free diet.  It explains that casein, the protein in dairy is almost identical to gluten, and just as pernicious.  Don't reintroduce dairy.  You will replicate your experience with kefir with anything that contains casein.
MY DECISION:  I have decided not to reintroduce dairy at this time and have dairy, yeast, soy, and egg sensitivities done with Dr. Fine's Enterolab.  "Dr. Fine's research has determined that the 0301gene can act exactly like a celiac gene in symptom manifeatation as well as predisposing to other intestinal disorders, such as microscopic colitis.  Dr. Fine is one of the physicians who believes that at least 1% of all Celiac patients have a gene other than DQB1 *0201 or 0302".  My gene test with the DQB1 *0301, 0603 falls in the 1% Celiac category.  So after 3 plus years of negative tests and horrible illness, this week,  I finally have a positive gene test for celiac.  My daughter and 4 year old grandson also have celiac.  My daughter had been ill with numerous illness's and unusual symptoms including ?rheumatoid arthrits, possible diabetes, temporary loss of vision in one eye, neuropathy labeled Raynauds Disease, ?MS, ?diabetes, pancreatitis, tendonitis,etc. After 31 years she was diagnosed with celiac by endoscopy biopsy 3 years ago and she has never felt or looked as good as she does today.  Her 4 year old son went on the gluten free diet at age 18 months and is doing so well. And in the last two months I am feeling much better and starting to gain a couple of pounds-I have so much to be grateful for and so many kind, thoughtful people to thank.
So a great big thank you to everyone on the list who has responded to my questions.
Robin in Massachusetts