Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:08:09 -0400
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:26:12 -0400, Paula H. <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> <I was alerted to the "paleo diet" concept at first in the Dr Weil book
> He
> says essentially that it makes some sense, but has too much fat, not
> enough
> carbohydrates, and that paleolithic people had short lifespans.>
> Paleolithic people died from disease - no antibiotics then - and
> injuries.

The evidence of moderns who try to eat paleo is the opposite.
IIRC there are no signs of disease on the bones left by paleoman, signs of
injuries are rare.

These bones show no signs of aging past about 32 IMHO because there was
nothing to cause such signs.

If we could live (eat, drink, breath, sleep, play etc.) like them we would
probably live for an indefinite span of years, and leave behind bones that
looked to be no more than 32 years old.

William