VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 05:57:24 -700

Lainey,
fine fine, can you provide a site where the process is discribed
or do we call you! <G>

we've offered countless times our FREE services as experienced
rehabilitation engineering consultants even experienced blind
engineers and been flatly ignorred.

Of course being burdened with the restrictions of an institute
that needs to keep its public image clean and of federal grants
which (heavine) could never be critical of a capitalistic corp.
we have no backup clout.

If the two big blind organizations were of any use, they'd be
all over most of the consumer electronics industry but they both
need someone with lawyers and guts to start the ball rolling.

So when I get a call from some poor blind sap who wants  a job at
the local wigit works, (not that there are any more such jobs!)
and the maker of the wigitmeter couldn't care less that it
doesn't talk and can't be redesigned, how do I negotiate with
that company.

I wonder if the O'Day agreement is legally binding?

sorry if I sound bitter, sometimes its been a bloody long 23 year
career with a lot of brick walls, nearly all  harder than my head

tom

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered