From:
Cece Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cece Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:07:50 -0500

Thanks to all who responded.  I'm feeling much better about my trip now.  Several people mentioned Outback, Carrabas, Cracker Barrel & Pf Chang's as well as Wild Oats and Whole Foods.  I've copied below those that gave directions in case others might need them.
Thanks again,
Cece in Fayetteville, AR

When you get to Nashville there is a Wild Oats Market in Green Hills.
Also there ia Carrabas in Green Hills. PF Changs on West End. To get to
any of these, take I-440 east when you just get into Nashville. There is
a West End exit off of I-440. One exit down from West End Is Hillsboro
Road exit, take a left off interstate and that takes you into Green
Hills.

You may want to see if there is an Outback in Cordova, TN.  It would be
located right off the highway just east of Memphis - Cordova is a suburb of
Memphis.    There are many restaurants located on that one main strip -
Germantown Parkway. (There is the Wofchase Galleria mall on that same street
as well.)  It has been 4 years since we lived in that area, so I'm rusty on
the specifics.   I know there used to be an Outback on that Street.  Good
luck!

Whole Foods is in Chapel Hill and Winston-Salem. You can buy Lee Tobin's
wonderful breads, cookies, pies. In Boone and Greensboro is EarthFare. You
can buy Glutino sandwich Corn flour bread. Both Whole Foods and Earth Fare
have Bards Beer, a gluten free beer.
In Winston-Salem Whole Foods is located at 41 Miller Street. Earth Fare is
on King Street in Boone. Also Asheville has Earth Fare and Amazing Savings,
a discount store with some gluten free products at discount price. Swannanoa
also has an Amazing Savings Outlet Store. A & S, formerly Doug Brendle's at
Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem has Kinninckkinnick frozen breads and Specialty
Foods frozen pizzas, cheese cakes, doughnuts and Chebe pizza, bread sticks
mixes. All of the stores that I mentioned carry Gluten Free Pantry mixes.
They all carry Nutthin  gluten free crackers.

If you get hungry in the Knoxville area there is an Outback off the Cedar
Bluff exit (traveling NE - turn right at the bottom of the ramp and then
take your first right onto Peters Rd, on the right about 1/2 mile) or there
is a PF Changs off the Papermill exit (turn right at the bottom of the ramp
and it is on the right about 3/4 mile from the exit)