From:
John Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 02:38:03 +0000
Mark Rode, Thanks for your suggestion. In fact, I already have an external
Plextor DVD burner. It works fine plugged into one of my USB-2 plugs.
However I travel in a very small RV almost all the time and I want my laptop
to be able to copy, edit and burn DVD's without any additional wires or
gadgets. It is a big pain to set up the plextor in the RV because of space
limitations and the Plextor requires A/C power from my battery inverter
system. I'm just guessing that the DVD RW double layer is supported by
Windows XP and will be plug and play if I can solve the hardware issues.
Seems to me the problem is what form factor or other description is applied
to the new notebook DVD burners and what were the factors and specs or
descriptions of the old CD/DVD reader that I have in my system now? Where
can I get a new internal burner? Thanks for your time.   John Smith