From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 07:59:52 -0500
The Linksys WUSB11b which I have has a USB
cable between it and the computer. And changing
its position helps strengthen the incoming signal.
I guess what I was looking for was advice about
specific hardware. I have tried to find comparative
reviews of different brand access points without
much luck. The only ones I came up with were
some customers' reviews on the Newegg Web site.

For example, I am trying to find out whether
PCI card access points are better or worse
than external access points (like my Linksys)
using USB cables. D-Link has an external
access point antenna (DWL-M60AT) with a
10 foot ULA-316 fixed cable which attaches
to an internal PCI card access point after the
latter's antenna is removed. For sale at Newegg
but I can't find any reviews except from Newegg
buyers of the item.

There are Web pages describing homemade
antennas which I would consider trying to
build if I could find objective recommendations
in their favor other than the enthousiasm of their
designers.

Michael Eisenstadt