From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:49:00 -0400
Hi Colin.

In addition to what has already been said about the Icom IC2AT, I would
also like to point out that replacement batteries are still available from
Batteries America.  The '2AT uses the same battery rail format as the Radio
Shack HTX 202, so you can use most batteries made for the HTX 202 with the
Icom IC2AT.  The one exception to that is the high voltage batteries, as
the Icom IC2AT won't tolerate voltages over 10.8 volts.  Don't try
connecting the voltage from a car electrical system directly to the radio
without something to step the voltage down.  Icom used to make a little
voltage regulator pack called the Icom IC-DC1 which slid on the radio in
place of the battery pack and would allow you to plug a cigarette lighter
cord into the back of the 'DC1, and the 'DC1 will spit out 9.6 volts for
the radio to run on safely.

The '2AT is very thrifty on battery use--that is one of its best
attributes.  With one heavy duty battery, you can work an entire public
service event without having to worry about switching batteries.  The Icom
also accepts speaker mics that have been manufactured for the Radio Shack
HTX 202.

So, even though it's not the T2, you could have done a lot worse.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:41 PM 6/7/2005 -0600, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_01F8_01C56B6F.07378C70
>
>hi list:
>does anyone have any experience with operating the icom IC 2AT hand =
>held?
>I have one coming from ebay...actually a mistake since i actually was =
>wanting a T2A but mixed up the letters and got a 2AT by =
>accident...anyway, ive got the rig coming now and wonder if anyone could =
>give me some operating tips regarding that radio and how accessible it =
>is and button functions and use's and such.
>thanks for any info.
>73
>Colin, V A6BKX
>------=_NextPart_000_01F8_01C56B6F.07378C70

>hi list:
>does anyone have any experience with = operating the=20 icom IC 2AT hand held?
>I have one coming from ebay...actually = a mistake=20 since i actually was
>wanting a T2A but mixed up the letters and got a = 2AT by=20
>accident...anyway, ive got the rig coming now and wonder if anyone could =
>give me=20 some operating tips regarding that radio and how accessible it
>is and = button=20 functions and use's and such.
>thanks for any info.
>73
>Colin, V = A6BKX
>
>------=_NextPart_000_01F8_01C56B6F.07378C70--