Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 11:35:51 -0500

A recent reply to the 3D cake-mold question suggested that using cornstarch
entirely for the recipe yields excellent results.  Has anyone else tried
this? I'm wondering whether or not gums are needed?

My son is not much for sweets but he does **love** what he calls "fluffy
cake,"  the typical Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker mix-type cake which has a
very soft texture.  He doesn't care for my rubbery sort of GF pound cakes.
I've tried the BH Master White Cake recipe with several procedural
variation & have still not made the grade.

Do the GF angel food cake mixes end up fluffy?  Any brands to recommend?

DS bday is coming up in a few months & I'm hoping to have this one ready to
go ...

Thanks for you input.  Will be sure to summarize.

Lor