C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 21:03:06 -0500
Perhaps I missed something here. At least I hope I did. But did no one
else catch this?

> I ended up with a good cross section of kiddos with CP (hemiplegic,
> diplegic, quadriplegic; average to mild cognitive impairment...

ummm... What about some kids with no cognitive impairment at all?? Like
the kids that the people who post to this list grew up to be? Please
Greta forgive me if there is something about the way your research was
structured that precluded the use of data from cognitive normal
subjects. But if that is not the case, methinks I catch a whiff of the
old "all cp kids have cognitive impairment" meme. Those of us who are
not so impaired (who I'm guessing is just about everyone on this list
who has cp) aren't actually very fond of that piece of "conventional
wisdom".

Brent Edwards
Resident List Crank