From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 11:14:12 -0700
Hi Eliot and Paleos,

>I tried Mr V's raw liver/egg/banana/olive oil shakes for a while two
>summers ago (grass-fed organic beef, buffalo and elk) and found myself
>with a case of a CMV-like illness,

There could be a number of things that happened here, no?
For example when I eat olive oil sometimes it is contaminated with nut oils
and I have allergic reactions like itchiness, stomach ache, arthritis and
finger fungus.. with eggs I get night sweats and hot flashes; some people
are allergic to bananas, there can be meat allergies involved...

Nonetheless, I mainly eat raw meat and pemmican and fruit-maybe too much of
everything....!
My symptoms are: weird things happening to my fingernail-dints, losing
moons, etc. and arthritis in my knee including restless leg.
Could this be due to 1) grains that the animals could've eaten? 2) too much
fruit (durian often) 3) CMV-like illness.?
It feels like a 'gluten mistake' or two that is why I think it could be the
animals eating grains. I even got the flu the other day and I rarely get
sick...

Any suggestions?

Paleobest,
Susan