C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:19:39 -0500
Dear Bobby,

  Well, she threw out any above average intelligence CPers. So I don't see the validity in her stats. Amber - who has CP. Also has a genius level IQ. I gather the folks like Amber and you ( and several others I can't name everyone) are outliers and have been tossed. It seems her stats don't allow for the full range of intellectual possibilities. Her stats from where I stand are meaningless. It would also help to remember our intelligence tests are based on how many you can cram in your brain and spit back. not really on any ability to think or use you brain power. Average intelligence last time I looked about 100. And the rule of thirds?  Okay in intelligence with scale I think it works on the bell curve with the very mentally slow on end and the very mentally illuminated on the other and the vast majority falling inside the bell with 100 in the middle. I am with Brent the resident crank. And you know what I am writing grad paper number 3 - and nothing so far as impressed me in the process as to the quality of the paper people turn out. I am working on one now about assistive technology in the educational field. What amazes me is the one size fits all answer they are looking for.

                              Trisha