C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
greta von der luft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:52:53 -0500
Well, let's see which ones am I not using is the better question. The ones in play right now are:
  a.. frequency tables with modes, percentages, and cumulative percentages for description of kiddos with CP
  b.. correlations using spearman, deleted variable and one other type for internal consistency analysis of the self concept measure
  c.. Confirmatory factor analysis using structural equation modeling, scree plots, and principal factor analysis for construct validity of the self concept measure
  d.. MANOVA for comparing kiddos with CP, their demographic differences and self concept differences;
  e.. MANOVA for comparing kiddos with CP and without CP and self concept differences
 I think that is all that I am using so far.... Needless to say too many numbers, too much quantitative analysis, but it will be worth it.

I ended up with a good cross section of kiddos with CP (hemiplegic, diplegic, quadriplegic; average to mild cognitive impairment; independent walkers to w/c users; 8 yrs old to 16 yrs old) so I think I will have a good foundation of how these kiddos with CP feel about themselves if the tool is proven valid/reliable. So far the tool had good internal consistency, and validity seems okay too so (the validity is more uncertain as the analysis is not complete). The MANOVAs are still pending....

I hope the results will drive more research, I have plans for that, but first this needs to be completed. I have to get back to it...UGH

I will keep you all posted....

Thank you,

Greta