From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:53:35 -0500
Hi Colin,
I didn't this year, but I have been 40 meter captain of the voice
station for a number of years for our local club, W9CCU.  Forty is a
great field day band; busy just about all twenty-four hours and
conditions change enough through the period that you always have new
stations to chase.  I've mostly used my TS850 with the voice synth.
and we have brought a computer with JFW loaded and my wife has logged
for me using JFW and the CT program.  So, with the equipment we bring
we can be self sufficient, but there are always other club members to
take turns at the rig and the computer.  By now they know that Ann is
a great logger and I am a good operator - it is nice to have that
level of respect for what we can do in our hobby.