From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 07:53:29 -0400

After months of sudden joint pain, loss of motion and swelling, I have received a diagnosis of "Pseudo Gout" or CPPD.  This is a condition where calcium crystals are found in large joints and result in inflammation which can calcify and destroy the joint.  This diagnosis was made by a rheumatologist who had found it in other celiac patients and felt it was related to celiac disease.
It is diagnosed by aspirating some of the joint fluid and finding the characteristic crystals (not the same type found in gout).
I was surprised to find a doctor so aware of the celiac condition and understanding of our concerns about medications.
In searching/reading, I have found nothing so far to relate this condition to malabsorption or celiac.

Just wondering if any others on this List have received this diagnosis.

Thank you,
Carol