From:
Dianne Erdos-Rush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:31:01 -0500
I have been given an old Compaq Armada E500 laptop.  It had some problems and so I formatted the hard drive, and re-installed Windows 98SE.  At that time there was no problem using the CD-Rom drive.  After I shut down, and went back to work on it, it suddenly did not recognize the D: drive.  I removed the drive  and then put it back in, thinking maybe the connection was loose.  No way.  I thought maybe a driver was needed for it, and went about searching for a CD-224E Compaq driver.  To no avail.  Can't find one anywhere.  Any ideas from anyone?  It would be a good, learning laptop for my son if I can get the CD drive to read.  By the way, the CD drive does spin, I can feel the disk in it spinning, and hear it.
Dianne

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com