From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:27:00 -0500
Karen,

I too seem to react to coconut.  Specifically I get very obvious
rashes around my eyes and on my chin.  Have tried to attribute the
rash to something else but the consumption of coconut and the rash
always seem to occur together.

Lately, I have been using goose or duck fat in all of my cooking.  I
buy a duck or goose and then prick it all over with a fork.  As it
cooks the fat is released which I pour off when cooking is done and
save in the refrigerator or freezer.

Mike