From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:21:54 -0700
> So I see the way to grow this natural quality food as a topic that
> belongs on this site, certainly as
> much as where to buy the stuff.

Agreed. How you grow PALEOFOOD is definitely as important as how you shop
for PALEOFOOD (see? I just used the name of the group twice in one sentence
:)

> couple of bales of shredded lucerne mulch to spread around tiny

I doubt it would be available locally, but I'll have to look into it.

> (55 degrees celsius in the sun
> last week - that's 131 Farenheit)

Holy heatwave, Batman! Well, at least that's not in the shade.

How cold do your winters get?

> I compost, scattering a
> few poultry droppings and
> nest-box clearings among them.  These will be next year's mulch.

That's one skill I'm lacking at - composting. I know I could do 3 times as
much as I do now, but I never really seem to think about it. I do have a
revolving compost bin, but I know there's way too much garbage getting
thrown out that should be going into the composter, or even just a compost
heap. Well, maybe this year I'll get better at it.