From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:07:29 -0500
Thanks to the person with the handy tips on finding beef tallow.

The nearest butcher is 100 miles away and here in "town" is only one
national grocery store and a couple of small food stores.  I made the trip
to the butcher and asked if they had beef tallow.  It was Saturday and the
only person available at the meat counter (they also sold sundry other
groceries) was apparently not the butcher person.  When I asked my question
they looked at me blankly and said I think there is some fat in the freezer.
  I bought what they had and rendered it.  It was very nice and when chilled
is hard as a rock which tells me it was tallow.
Just a story to demonstrate that if you keep at something it may just come
about.  Even in a black hole such as this.
best wishes to all   Cas