From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:24:44 -0500
Ashley wrote
> Can anyone suggest an alternative hot drink to tea?  I drank green tea
> for quite a while but got to the stage where I was having 5 or 6 cups
> day (everyone at work drinks a load of coffee and they made me a drink
> each time).  I've stopped completely now, as I'm trying to give my
> adrenals a rest and I don't think the caffeine helps.

I also love all kinds of tea (camellia), but have found I have to stay
completely away from anything with caffeine or caffeine-related
compounds. Chocolate reliably gives me headaches and sometimes hives. I
have even gotten hooked a couple of times on decaf coffee and had to go
through a withdrawal (milder than with regular coffee, but still
unpleasant). I don't like many herbal teas--usually too sour, fruity, or
minty. I find chamomile to be drinkable, but like rooibos a lot. It's
great as a sort of chai with cardamom, fennel, black pepper, mint, and
clove. Or cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger.