ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:58:05 -0600
Wow guys,
I haven't been doing the juicing thing for long and already it seems to be
having an affect on the way I am feeling.
Yesterday, I was bouncing off the walls and in a sort of mood of elation or
happiness all day.
This is not to say that the usual things don't enter my mind or get me down.
We attended a birthday party for one of the kids in my wife's family last
night and it is always a test for me when I am around my in-laws.  Very
negative, biting, hateful, unhappy family system and the way they talk to
one another and raise their kids is hurtful.
I had flashes of depressions and discouragement but still, I felt pretty
good.
We also had one of the wife's cousins visiting most of yesterday though with
her two young ones so there was less stress in the house.  The babies played
together and the women had a regular yack fest while I got a peg board cut
down and put up on the wall of my shop.  We were late to church because of
the visit but Luckily they record the services and we were able to get a
tape.
I have all of the usual stuff to be thankful for.
My wife, child, the friendly community we live in, home, money to pay the
bills, fellowship with good people.
You even have to give some people credit when you wonder about them.
I don't know if I have told you of the family we have met who openly do not
believe in God/Jesus/holey spirit?
They believe in nature.  hahahahahahah
However, I even appreciate them because they are friendly, seemingly smart
in some things and they are a great source for healthy pointers on this new
eating/drinking kick I am on.
That's a prayer request from me.
I mean, you don't have to pray for it, I will.  But I need to stick to this
new trend and not treat it as a trend and therefore lose interest and
momentum.
You know how that goes.
I have already made the mistake of falling into the old practis of doubting
myself and saying something like "This too will pass".  I have to ditch that
attitude.
I had given one of the cars I make to a man at the church who underwent a
procedure to patch a leek in his heart because he too is a wood worker and I
thought he would appreciate it.  I just felt the need to do something good
for someone I valued.  He was so impressed with it that he took it to a wood
working club meeting and showed it off and told the astonished gathering
that a totally blind man had made it.
hahahahahahahah
God is great in my life and it is so evident everyday.
Also, I understand the importants my will plays in this.  I have to keep my
mind set in an attitude of praise and recognizing the blessings in life
instead of getting bogged down in the depressing things or discouragements.
Just wanted to share a little sunshine.
Even when life is bad, it is good though, because of what lies ahead of us.

Matt

praise of one's spouse is a disablin.
Attitude to take, for the rest of your life, I am your biggest fan.