ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:18:11 -0600
Hey folks,
Isn't it interesting how some of the personalities in the bible are so
familiar or strong to us?
I Mean, even in my life, I can read about the seductress mentioned in
proverbs and right away, I assign a person or persons I have known who fit
the description or at least some of it.
One girl I knew like that had god enter her life and now her circumstances
are totally different from what I have heard.
I hear she met a Christian man and is now very much a woman of god.
I read of Rachael's sister and I can think of people I have known like her.
Same goes for Rachael.
I think of what people have told me about the devil and how he operates.
That he knows so well and knows how to get to us because, in short, we are
really quite predictable or at least our sin natures are.
There is truly nothing new under the sun as it says.
Our desire is to think ourselves unique and special.  No one else could have
ever had the thoughts we have?  Our experiences are so enlightening to us
that it is hard to believe that it's all just old hat for the unseen beings
who observe us.
Lust, depression, pride, elation, prosperity, devastation, none of this is
new.  It's all happened before.
Anyway, I was drinking coffee and checking email and I had to say something.
hahahahhah
So there ya go.
Good morning.
Matt

It takes a devoted and thinking craftsman to build a barn.
However, it only takes one stubborn angry jackass to kick it down.