C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:57:31 -0600
Beth,

Thank you very much!  There's hippotherapy available through our local
program for folks with developmental disabilities, and half the staff
where we work used to work there, so we'll check into that.  Someone
suggested that for me about a week ago anyway....  Maybe we can talk 'em
into giving us a family discount, as it's fairly pricey for people who
aren't affiliated with the provider.

Reading Ken's comments about Botox and yours about the pump make me
wonder... would it be possible/advisable to use Botox for the neck, PT
and baclofen for the trunk and lower extremities, and OT for the upper
extremities, possibly with some specifically targeted Botox in the arms?

Kendall and Janet Corbett

An unreasonable man (but my wife says that's redundant!) and a
reasonable woman (unless she hurts too much!)

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950