From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:06:20 -0500
Some one asked me about what I'd use to power my portable HF setup, the 706
will be my radio, well,  check out the power station at www.hamcontact.com
not the best life out of a battery though I'll use low power for portable
operation, but for the price and I've heard a few people using them,  it's
really not a bad idea, we use one at the EOC in fact for a radio on the
RACES station here in town just in case, and it will run that 50 watt mobile
all day, not a lot of talking but listening we put about a total of an hour
and a half of talk time and about 25 hours listening time as a test once and
according to our meter it was still going strong.