C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 06:51:53 -0500
HI, Fran,

Welcome to the list.  Most of us are CP adults, although we do have a few
parents as members. I'm one of the mods here.

I'm a 51-year old spastic paraplegic CP living and working in NC as a database
programer in a HR department of a large firm.  I live on my own with no
assitance except for a woman who comes and cleans up my flat twice a month.
I"ve been in a wheelchair since breaking my leg eight years ago.

It's difficult to predict how things will go as CP affects each person
differently.  Some have more severe disaiblities than others, and some have
more than one disability.  I myself am hard-of-hearing, probably due to nerve
damage when I was born.

I agree with Mag on helping your child to be as independent as possible.  If
we can't live independently, we can't control our lives, and others will live
our lives for us.

Kat