From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 08:00:56 -0400
There is a herbologist named Dr. Duke that says that he eats celery
to combat his own gout.  He wrote that he eats at least 4 stalks per
day.  According to him, celery contains some compound that either
activates or inactivates an enzyme involved in metabolism of uric
acid, I believe.  If you are interested you can probably find Dr.
Duke's books on-line.  I don't know of anyone personally who has
tried celery for this.  If it sounds like something of interest to
you I can look up the name of the book I have at home or include the
excerpt of the book related to this use of celery in another email.

Mike