From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 07:06:01 -0500
On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:10:30 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Rosedale is spot on with his macronutrient recommendations of 15-20%
protein and 80-85% fat but slips slightly because of his allowance of
grains and dairy.  Plus the leptin conversation is a little strange and
leads me to wonder why he doesn't simply stick with insulin

If one relies on Rosedale's "good fats" to reach the 80%-85% -- one will
likely take in too much omega 6.  That is the problem with trying to
implement a very high fat, low carb regime while at the same time
restricting saturated fat. Rosedale considers nuts a great high fat food --
yet virtually all of them (with the exception of macadamias) contain
significant amounts of Omega 6. Rosedale does allow saturated fat back in
after the initial strict phase -- seems contradictory to me.  His idea that
you are trying to lose body fat which he claims is saturated and therefore,
should not eat it is not supported by a reference.  Others like Anchell and
Kwasniewski claim that when one wants to lose excess bodyfat, ingesting
high animal fat (saturated) is the most effective way.  According to Fallon
and Enig, the fat people are trying to lose is predominantly monosaturated -
- and they even claim in their new book that monosaturates in the form of
nuts while healthy for the normal weight individual can fuel fat gain if
one eats too many or slow fat loss if one is trying to lose fat.  I have no
idea who is correct and it's all rather confusing and contradictory.