AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:26:29 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

http://www.prb.org/Template.cfm?Section=PRB&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=12043

"However, as data from Indonesia show (see Figure 2), the greater
challenge in the region is still to provide wide-scale access to
prevention services. Estimates of only those at highest risk in
Indonesia show that roughly one-half million people are in daily need of
prevention services—including condoms, clean needles, and screening and
treatment for STIs. This figure dwarfs the 8,500 men and women in the
country who need antiretrovirals."

...one half million people in daily need of...condoms, clean needles..."

See what I mean?  This is what I am talking about.  Where does it end?
How much will it cost to provide condoms and needles to a half million
people everyday, and that just in Indonesia?  Who will pay for it?  Is
there no other need for that money in Indonesia?