From:
Helen Hecker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Hecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:11:18 -0800

For five or more years the W-B Food Mart in Oregon City ( a suburb of Portland) has been stocking GF items.  Not just the ones you see at New Seasons or Wild Oats.  There must be 10 feet wide of GF shelf space.  They even order in anything you think is good and stock it permanently if you do the research-get them the phone numbers.  I recently contacted them about stocking Manna from Anna bread mix and Glutino flaxbread ( frozen)-- the 2 breads that were the most popular in my survey.  They special-ordered  them in  large quantities and will continue to order.  I  drove 40 minutes to get there today and it was worth every minute.  I hadn't heard about them in the five years I have attended Portland celiac meetings.  Don't know how we missed them.  What a wonderful surprise.  They even had the cake mixes( golden, chocolate, etc. and pizza mix , brownie mix, pie crust mix etc.) from The Great Great --forgot name-  NY company.  They had a big selection of GF crackers, cookies, bread sticks, cookie sandwiches, biscotti , etc. and many were from other countries. They had the entire line of some brands rather than just carrying one or two items.  They have had many out of town visitors even from as far away as Reno. They are  located at 222 Molalla Ave., Oregon City, OR 97045.  503-656-5488.   Helen