From:
Margaret Badner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Badner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:12:17 -0500

After my last summary, I received 3 more replies.  1 said she had a
Nutrimill and was very pleased with it.She said it took a little time
to get used to but now loves using it.  It will grind brown rice,
corn, tapioca, garbanzo, and other beans and will grind from coarse to
extra-fine.  It also works fast but she said it does make a noise like
a vacuum cleaner.  She grinds enough to last about 2 months in less
than an hour, and stores it in her freezer.

1 other reply said that she has a Whisper Mill which is good for rice
and corn but can't do oily seeds or nuts, and the "throat" of the mill
is too small for dried garbanzos.

1 other reply said that she had a grain mill "The magic Mill III
Plus".  She loves it even though it is noisy  She felt the finest
grain setting was still too coarse for a soft bread or cake.

My daughter also checked on her mixer chat list and overwhelmingly the
Nutrimill was the one most highly recommended.  This was for all
flours, not just gluten free ones.

Hopes this helps anyone interested in buying a grain mill - my mind is
pretty well made up to buy a Nutrimill.

Margaret Badner