From:
Linda Puser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Puser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 02:49:39 -0500

Hi everyone, Thank you for the quick responce. BumbleBee, Chicken of Sea,
both have web sites that confirm their products are gluten free. You have
to watch the imataion crabmeat and the products that have crackers in them.
Trader Joe's has crabmeat in cans.Someone wrote Flott Baby Clams and Geisha
Crabmeat but it was not comfirmed by the companies but they never had a
reaction.

One person sent along this receipe:

Many years ago, a friend shared her recipe for clam chowder:
1 can of clams (with the juice - don't drain it)
1 tomato
1 bell pepper
1 or 2 strips of bacon, cooked crisp
1 small or medium onion
salt and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil and simmer for awhile - maybe 1/2 to 1 hour.
Enjoy with some gluten-free toasted rolls or GF toast, and a
big salad.

After I try the soup I am making with the canned clams and crabmeat. It
also has shrimp and losbster. If it comes out good I will post it. Thank
you all. Linda