From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 16:11:42 -0500
Eliot > About the only thing I'm unclear on is: what do you mean by "carbs"

There exist three macro food groupings (actually four if you include alcohol): Carbohydrate, Protein, and Fat.  There are two types of carbohydrate, one good and one bad.  As Rosedale says, "little in life is so simple."  Good carbs are otherwise known as fiber.  Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels.  Bad carbs are the rest: starches, sugars, simple or complex.

E > and, more important, how exactly do you "track" your carbohydrates?

Again, I don't, by and large.  Check out www.nutritiondata.com and enter a food item in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  You'll get the macronutrient breakdown (and some very bad dietary advice).

E > My vegetable intake includes kale, collards, and other cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower, and plenty of organic celery.

All good.

My fruit intake (in
> moderation) includes bananas, grapefruit, blueberries and apples.

I never eat apples or bananas.  Blueberries and grapefruit in moderation.

E > Nuts are limited to walnuts, pecans and sometimes almonds

Me too.  Sometimes macadamias in moderation.

E > My protein includes plenty of fatty fish, fatty meats (grass-fed organic), as well as chicken and duck eggs

Very nice.  Rosedale would be thrilled.