From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:15:44 -0700

Hi All,

My daughter, Allison, was diagnosed by biopsy 6 years ago when she was 5.  At that time, her physician did a bone age study and found that she was 22 months delayed.
She has had 3 additional bone age studies over the past 6 years, the latest being 2 months ago at age 11.  The most recent study indicates that she is still 22 months delayed in her bone age.  After being very compliant with the GF diet for 6 years, she is substantially under weight and under height for her age.  We are having many tests done to try and figure out why she is not growing.  Part of the current testing we had done was that we had the Prometheus genetic testing.  Allison's tests came back negative for DQ2 AND DQ8.  We had the tests done twice (to the tune of $1,500) just to make sure.

One of my questions to all of you that have celiac kids.......If your child had the bone age delay as well, did your child make up any of that growth after going on the gluten free diet?

I am trying to figure out some of these mysteries on my own in addition to what my gastro Dr. is doing for Allison.

Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Beth Kassis
El Dorado Hills, CA