Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:34:55 -0500

I have been diagnosed with celiac for 3 years now. I had my blood levels checked
twice. Once before I was diganosed and again about 6 months ago after I moved to
NYC. My levels were high both times. I have been trying to get the results from the
dr, but we can never seem to reach each other.

Anyway, I am generally careful about what I eat. I don't cheat on cake or bread or
cookies or what not. It makes much more sense to eat gluten free than feeling sick.
However, I have also not been able to gain any significant weight (I am 145 lb and 6
1/2 ft tall) although there have been times where I would eat high fat foods that you
would think would make you gain weight. Most of the time I drop to 142 and
sometimes I gain to 148.

Tonight I was eating original crasins - don't know if it caused it, but highly
suspect as
I notice that I react on and off to them - or maybe it was the new bag of garden of
eatin chips I bought - but my scalp started burning like crazy and I had my hair up so
I took it down to start scratching and noticed that it was watery. For some strange
reason I started wondering if I have DH. (I've never had this happen before to my
knowledge) So I looked it up on line and it says that symptoms are scartchy watery
blisters that can occur on the scalp as well as other areas. (BTW, I'm begining to itch
on my neck and other areas) Although I couldn't clearly see if there were any blisters
on my scalp, i did find a pinkish area, I know that my hands have sometimes broken
out in little dots that are not raised. Plus tonight I found a shiny scalish looking 1"
area on my wrist and found a blister on my neck. I'm scared. I'm trying my best to stay
gluten free. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I fee
l like my body is slowly committing suicide, as it doesn't feel like it is getting any
better now - yes, I think this is happening more recently.

can someone with celiac develop DH? if so, do they have celiac, DH, or both? and I
keep feeling so limited on what I can eat that it drives me crazy! I just want to be
normal and eat as normally as possible. Why do I have to feel so different? I am
scared. I also have diabetes - am on an insulin pump and am trying to manage that
at the same time.  Somtimes I just wish that I didn't have to eat. My stomach
constantly burns with an unsettling feeling that usually doesn't go away. And lately I
notice I am more an more tired.

Please someone help me find out about what I am going through and know that I am
not alone in this and what I can do to help myself. I really want to be ok. Please help I
don't want to die this way.

Thanks,