From:
Celina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:53:36 -0500

For anyone following this subject, here's another summary of recent
feedback I've received:

Three places highly recommended are:

L'Express - A traditional french bistro. A number of items were gluten
free including the french fries. The food's wonderful. (Always crowded so
call for reservations days in advance!)

Marche Movenpick -("Marche" means market in english) A unique market-style
restaurant. Variety of international food "stations" that prepare meals in
front of you. Fresh, high quality food is well prepared. Example, the
rotisserie chicken is GF; as well as other items like steak or "rosti"
potatoes. Perfect for lunch, brunch or casual dinner. Reasonably priced &
child-friendly!(Visit:www
.virtualtourist.com/m/5bf54/dd4ad/2?o=2)

Scaramouche - #1 restaurant in Montreal for fine dining. Expensive and not
child-friendly.

Hope this additional info helps anyone traveling to Montreal shortly!
Celina

P.S. I HAVE eaten at Marche Movenpick prior to my gluten-sensitive
diagnosis. Each "station" chef follows your cooking instructions. Great
family restaurant, and the food was incredibly fresh!